Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg, Austria

Monday, July 26, 2010

It's another Monday in Heilegenkreuz











Back to work today....lots to do! For lunch dessert today we had apple streudel with schlag (whipped cream). Delicious! Tonight, Ruth and Dick (Kelly's parents) took us into town to the Abbey for vespers. You must be absolutely silent in the abbey when you enter and until you leave. The monks sang the Gregorian chants...very soothing and beautiful. From there we drove on to a restaurant in the country where we had delicious coffees and desserts. Shortly after we arrived, the music turned to Beach Boys and on to Bing Crosby. We figured they put the "American track" on when they say us coming.

I got a very special card today from Tyler....he drew me an airplane and wrote "I Love You" inside. I do miss those sweet grandbabies! Really miss all my family. I so wish that Randy was here to share this adventure with me. This week will fly by and then it will be on to Vienna, Munich, and Zurich!





2 comments:

  1. Not a very flattering pic of you and the desert Carol. I love to hear all that you are doing so don't leave any detail out. The blog is great and I love it please keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler was thrilled to hear you opened his card today! He had fun making it for you. I hope you are having the time of your life. Your dessert blogs are killing me. Wish you could bring one back! Breathe in every moment and blog, blog, blog. I rush to the computer daily to read them. We love and miss you!! Ruth family of 5

    ReplyDelete